Thursday, January 19, 2012

Live NFL Chat 8:00 PM-- Interested in in-depth football talk?

Most of you do not know me so I will take this time to introduce myself.



My name is Andrew Abouzeid and I am currently a student at Virginia Tech. Ever since I was a boy it has been my ambition to be involved in the NFL in some way. Initially, I wanted to take the coaching path. However, more recently I have decided that a General Manager role more suits what I want to do and more importantly what I am good at. Regardless, every free moment for almost the past decade I have been using to learn everything possible about the NFL, the players, and more importantly the schemes. I have read all of the AFCA (American Football Coaching Association)coaching books, from offensive strategies to defensive strategies to general coaching. I have studied extensively almost every offensive and defensive scheme that is currently in place not only in the NFL but also throughout the NCAA as well. I have copies of dozens of playbooks that have been used in the past in the NFL of which I have broken down not only by reading, but also by watching actual film of these schemes in operation.



For the past couple years I have been taping several football games per week (both college and professional) and with that have been doing three different things. The first is running an extensive player evaluation, how each player performed in their given offensive or defensive system. For instance, if I were evaluating Vince Wilfork, how well did he manage to occupy his 2 gaps? Was he holding the line freeing his linebackers, or was he overpenetrating? How many times did a linebacker fill his bubble 3 yards down the field when it was Vince's responsibiliy to close it at the line? After completing my player evaluation I move on to grading the playcalling on both sides of the ball. Were the coordinators successfully exploiting weaknesses of the opponent? If offensively they had a speed mismatch, did they properly use crossing patterns to give their receivers an opportunity to utilize their speed? Defensively did they take a "bend but don't break" approach or were they aggressive? Were they successful? Why or why not? Lastly, after evaluating both sides of the ball for both teams, I devise a gameplan as if I were going to play against those teams the following week. What players am I using to gameplan with? For college games I use the Virginia Tech players, and for the NFL I use the Miami Dolphins roster. The gameplans usually are several pages in length, and the first approach I take to them is, I ask myself if I were the opposing team how would I use their players to exploit the weaknesses on my team? From there I develop a counter to those predicted exploitations and then devise a plan to attack not only player weaknesses, but scheme weaknesses as well. This is usually a week long process, in a given week I probably spend between 30-40 hours on film study alone.



Now, how does this involve you? I have decided while I am still in school to run a weekly online chat session for those wishing to learn more about the schemes and personnel in today's NFL. Tonight will be my first chat session, and if they are successful I may decide to do them more frequently.



You can access this online chat session here. It will begin tonight at 8:00 PM EST.







Here is the link for tonight's session.

http://www.coveritlive.com/index2.ph...=550/width=470



IT IS NOW LIVE... Click the link above to joinLive NFL Chat 8:00 PM-- Interested in in-depth football talk?
Great session...I really enjoyed it...I'm going to be busy over the next few days but hope to do it again real soon. =]Live NFL Chat 8:00 PM-- Interested in in-depth football talk?
I use http://www.soccer-tv.us for watcting live football online its the best ive found ive tried all the free live football spam crap and they don`t work if you want to watch live football i recommened http://www.soccer-tv.us



Regards
  • travel trailers
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment