Saturday, January 14, 2012

Racism in Iran's Football Stadiums, why are Persians so racist?

http://bugun.blogsky.com/1389/08/22/post-29/

Mr Joseph S. BlatterPresident, F��d��ration Internationale de Football Association (FIFA)



September 3rd, 2010







Dear Mr Blatter,



As a number of Azerbaijani and Iranian scholars, journalists, professionals and human rights activists, we would like to submit this letter to you as a formal complaint in regard to a series of blatant acts of racism that have been taking place in the Islamic Republic of Iran��s football stadiums against the Azerbaijani team of Tractor-Sazi (Tiraxtur) and its supporters-- and by a qualifying extension, against Iran��s more than twenty million Turkic citizens. We hope that you will recognize the urgency of this matter and will take necessary action as stipulated in FIFA��s anti-racist policies, particularly Article 26 pertaining to Safety Regulations and Article 58 pertaining to FIFA Disciplinary Code. The following constitutes the basis of our complaint and will provide you some crucial information regarding the above mentioned acts of racism as well as the context within which they have taken place.



Tiraxtur: The Azerbaijani Team



The Azerbaijani football team of Tractor-Sazi, better known as Tiraxtur, was founded in 1970 through the sponsorship of famous Tabriz Tractor-making industrial unit. From the very beginning Tiraxtur demonstrated exceptional sportsmanship and professionalism that placed it amongst the most favoured football teams in Iran. In a short period of time, the team was able to win the hearts and minds of the people of Tabriz, and when in recent months it excelled to the level of Iran��s super league teams, Tiraxtur captivated the entire Azerbaijan and the vast majority of Iran��s Turkic community. As such, tens of thousands of enthusiastic Tiraxtur supporters fill up the stadiums whenever there is a match between Tiraxtur and other teams. Understandably, the Tiraxtur supporters come from all over Azerbaijan and other Turkic populated areas of Iran who speak Azeri-Turkic as their natural mother language. Consequently, Azeri-Turkic becomes the dominant language of support and encouragement in these stadiums. It is the language that most intimately expresses Tiraxtur supporters�� feelings of joy, happiness and spiritual elation. And this poses a major challenge to the practice of official racism in Iran where Farsi (the language of Persian ethnic group) is the hegemonic official and national language of an extremely diverse population. The use of Azeri-Turkic in stadiums challenges the official status of Farsi as the dominant language of the country. As an officially unacknowledged and banned language, the Azeri-Turkic destabilizes Iran��s entire racist establishment which functions on a variety of official, cultural, collective and individual levels. The use of Azerbaijan��s stigmatized ��unofficial�� language in football stadiums defies Persian racism and invokes retaliatory responses from both the government and members of the dominant Persian group. This begs several questions: Is it contrary to FIFA procedures to support one��s team in one��s own natural mother language? Where does it say that the ban imposed on Azeri language in schools and government offices ought to be extended to football stadiums? Shouldn��t FIFA take a transparent stance against this despicable act of linguistic racism?



Racism against Tiraxtur and Its Supporters



Azerbaijani Turks have been targets of racist attacks in Iranian cities of Boushehr, Isfahan, Kerman, and in the capital city of Tehran during the football matches that took place in these cities over the past few months. In the football stadiums of these major cities, racist slogans were shouted incessantly against Tiraxtur and its Azerbaijani/Turkic supporters. These slogans depicted Azerbaijani-Turks as subhuman ��donkeys�� who were not equal to Persians but constituted a category below ��normal human beings.�� In these racist attacks, the use of the term ��donkey�� serves to dehumanize the Azerbaijani-Turks, violate their dignity and break their spirit.Racism in Iran's Football Stadiums, why are Persians so racist?
@honor: please,do not respond to these kind of questions.it's clear that you know nothing about the subject.



why are Persians so racist?

-becouse the only nation they are scared of is Turks.

-becouse they know the potentioal of turks.they got rid of "Seyyid C?f?r Pi??v?ri".they are thankful for Stalin's job.
Kratos, what's happened to you? Have you been brainwashed by the Pan-Turks?

Report Abuse

Racism in Iran's Football Stadiums, why are Persians so racist?
persians are such semite pigs!

Report Abuse


persians are such semite pigs!

Report Abuse

Racism in Iran's Football Stadiums, why are Persians so racist?
Iran is the counry of Persian,Azeries,Arabs,Kurds...

and Persian Gulf is Persian Gulf.



These are not racial,and there is no racism against Tiraxtur and Its Supporters at all,it is your hallucination.
Ma boi diz piece iz wut ol troo worryors stry 4
This is pure tribalism I fear - I have travelled around the world and it's the same everywhere with football teams: it can be racial, religious, rival suburbs, ethnic, class, I could tell you lots of stories from many countries.



My solution: never be a spectator. Just play the game because you enjoy it, don't care who wins, and ignore the tribal mentality.
@ dear hairs

Azerbaijani Turks want their human rights and Persians can't accept this reality and they have no reasonable response to Azerbaijani Turk. Only response of Persian government and people is denying and offensive behaviors to non-persians. NonPersian communities are pointing to totalitarian policies of Persian domination and in addition to culture and art, other heritages of these communities for example language, history, tradition, music, dance and etc are denied.

When I born, I am Turk!

When I am five-year-old, I am Turk!

When I see TV, I get Persian!

When I go school, I get Persian!

When I read book, I get Persian!

When I go to university, I get Persian!

When I read newspaper, I get Persian!

When I discourse, I get Persian!

When I die, it is written in Persian over my grave!



But when you born, you are Persian

When you are five-years-old, you are Persian

When you see TV, you are Persian

Book, newspaper, school, university, office, ��., you Persian

Finally, if I want to write in my mother language; you say me: Pan-Turk, separatist��!?

I spoke in my mother tongue; you said me denying my mother language!

I spoke about my nation; you responded me with blood!

I supported you; you got friend with foreign!

I asked you a Remedy for my pain; you said me, "you should pain to treatment".

I hoped you respect me; you called me donkey Turk in your national TV!

I complain to your conscience; you caricatured me as Cockroach in your national newspaper!

I wanted to say rightful speech; you said me," you crow like rooster".

I just loved my motherland; why did you call PAN?!!

......................................��

One of the 25 million Azerbaijani Turks in Iran
I didn't read all of that, but I read the first part. It sounded to me like Iranians apologizing for some other Iranian's racist behavior.

I'm Persian and I'm not racist. I think your question, "Why are Persians so racist?" sounds racist. I'm in love with a man who isn't my same race, and most of my friends are different races too.

Just like how some Americans, British, Europeans, Africans, South Africans, South Americans, Mexicans, Canadians, whatever, can be racist, so can Iranians. We're people too. But to think all are racist is just irrational.
  • sea ray
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment