Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Where do I stand for a corner (Soccer Referee)?

I am training to be an Association Football (Soccer) referee and I am struggling to find the best place to stand during a corner kick. Can anyone help?



I need to be ready for my ref test, but in practice I keep missing important incidents at corner kicks.Where do I stand for a corner (Soccer Referee)?
I agree with Ricky, however I'd like to add that this could depend on how many referees are assigned to the game.



If you are running a solo system then definately take the endline between the kick and the nearest goalpost. If you have a full crew (you and 2 assisant referees/linesmen) then position yourself at the corner of the penalty area.



That said, it's been many years since I've refereed and I believe USSF has more recently put out recommendations on this. You might pose this question on the referee forum at bigsoccer.com. They will have more than enough opinions on this subject and any other rule or situation.Where do I stand for a corner (Soccer Referee)?
If the corner is from the right side, you should be about where the penalty arc meets the top of the penalty box on the left side as you are facing the goal. If the kick is from the left side, you might want to cheat over that way a little just to make sure the ball is spotted correctly. Then, regardless of which side it's coming from, you should be focused on what is going on in the penalty area rather than the player taking the kick. Good luck!Where do I stand for a corner (Soccer Referee)?
i was told to stay behind the endline so you have a good view of all that is going on in the box and you can see if the ball goes out of play. But i know theres other refs that stand at the top corner of the 18 yd box. It depends where you feel comfortable where you know you can spot everything that is going on.
I play soccer but i dont ref but if i were a ref i would stand in the middle and keep an eye on the players.

No comments:

Post a Comment